Welcome!

This blog is set up for anyone who loves to read but especially anyone who enjoys a good Young Adult selection. I am 34 but have found the I truly enjoy many of the Young Adult books! One of my favorite authors is the author of Shiver, Linger and Forever, Maggie Stiefvater. I am looking forward to sharing many books that I have read and will be reading and I hope you too will share your own Young Adult books that you may be reading! Any suggestions, ideas or comments are greatly appreciated! I hope you enjoy this as much as I am!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ryder, Wynona (1993). The Diary of a Young Girl Anne Frank. Bantam.

Think life is rough?  Try reading this book about this young girl trapped in a few small rooms for years.
I had read this book a long time ago in high school and really enjoyed the book. For the book was a great way to learn about history and what was going on to those who were exiled. Having a first hand account makes it that much more prominent and really hits home.
The cover of the book is not intriguing or eye catching. The picture of Anne does put a face with the name which helps to be able to picture her throughout the book. 
Each page is filled with a daily account of this young girls life in hiding. It is amazing to me the story of this girl's life and what her and her family went through to survive. Anne's account of their daily life and the fear that she talks about throughout her diary entries tugged at my heart strings. I can only imagine what it would have been like and being able to read these diary entries gives a unique inside view of what life was like back then. The book is easy to to read and flows well.
I think this is a book everyone should read. Not only does it teach about history but it helps young adults understand that their life may be hard but it could be worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I love...

  • Shiver, Linger, Forever, Ballad, Lament, The Horse Whisperer, Scorpio Races, A Wrinkle in Time, Diary of Young Girl, Poets for Young Adults, The Chocolate War, The Things They Carried, Forever, The Giver,