Welcome!

This blog is set up for anyone who loves to read but especially anyone who enjoys a good Young Adult selection. I am 34 but have found the I truly enjoy many of the Young Adult books! One of my favorite authors is the author of Shiver, Linger and Forever, Maggie Stiefvater. I am looking forward to sharing many books that I have read and will be reading and I hope you too will share your own Young Adult books that you may be reading! Any suggestions, ideas or comments are greatly appreciated! I hope you enjoy this as much as I am!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pelzer, David (1995). A Boy Called It. HCI.


   Think your home life is rough?  Try reading this story....it may make your life seem like a cake walk!



From the beginning of the book you are hooked into this boys life. The descriptions are so powerful that you can almost feel like you are there watching this happen. I Guaranteed your stomach will turn and you will feel the immense pain that this child goes through on daily basis. One can only imagine how such a person could exist but after reading this book it they do exist and poor children suffer everyday. The story of this young boy is remarkable and amazing. I am not sure how he was able to survive these terrifying ordeals and how it took so long for someone to pick up on what was happening to this child. His life was life of terror and hurt. How he ever survived his mothers wrath and was able to write this book is beyond me. A must read for anyone. I think this book not only opens ones eyes to the things that happen in life but also that anything that happens in your life can be overcome. Mr. Pelzer and his book are a true testament that anyone can survive anything and be successful. I think this book should be on any school, public or personal library shelf. It is eye opening book that opens your mind and your heart to the world around you and teaches you that you can overcome anything. It is an inspirational and moving book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I love...

  • Shiver, Linger, Forever, Ballad, Lament, The Horse Whisperer, Scorpio Races, A Wrinkle in Time, Diary of Young Girl, Poets for Young Adults, The Chocolate War, The Things They Carried, Forever, The Giver,