Welcome!

This blog is set up for anyone who loves to read but especially anyone who enjoys a good Young Adult selection. I am 34 but have found the I truly enjoy many of the Young Adult books! One of my favorite authors is the author of Shiver, Linger and Forever, Maggie Stiefvater. I am looking forward to sharing many books that I have read and will be reading and I hope you too will share your own Young Adult books that you may be reading! Any suggestions, ideas or comments are greatly appreciated! I hope you enjoy this as much as I am!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cormier, Robert (1974). The Chocolate War. Patheon Books, USA.


Who doesn’t love chocolate?  But a war over it?!  Almost too hard to believe but it can happen.  Jerry Renault is a high school freshman in a all boys Catholic school.  He is a good student, on the football team until he decides to stand on his own two feet.  What starts off as just being stubborn  turns into being defiant to some within the school.  Will Jerry continue on his defiant path and dare to “Disturb the Universe or will he give in and follow the crowd?  You can find out by reading  The Chocolate War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I love...

  • Shiver, Linger, Forever, Ballad, Lament, The Horse Whisperer, Scorpio Races, A Wrinkle in Time, Diary of Young Girl, Poets for Young Adults, The Chocolate War, The Things They Carried, Forever, The Giver,