Welcome!

This blog is set up for anyone who loves to read but especially anyone who enjoys a good Young Adult selection. I am 34 but have found the I truly enjoy many of the Young Adult books! One of my favorite authors is the author of Shiver, Linger and Forever, Maggie Stiefvater. I am looking forward to sharing many books that I have read and will be reading and I hope you too will share your own Young Adult books that you may be reading! Any suggestions, ideas or comments are greatly appreciated! I hope you enjoy this as much as I am!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Garden, Nancy (1982). Annie On My Mind. Harrisonburg, VA: RR Donnely,


Have you ever had feelings for someone you weren’t supposed to?  Especially of the same sex?  Did you worry about if you were gay or if something was wrong with you?  Well Liza is going through just that.  She met her friend Annie in the Metropolitan Museum  of Art.  Liza goes to private school and Annie attends public school, both in Brooklyn.  They get together on weekends and become very close friends.  Then Annie tells Liza she is gay but that she doesn’t want Liza to feel pressured into anything.  Liza has developed feelings for Annie to and so the saga begins.  What will happen to them?  What will their families say? Will Liza get kicked out of school?  To find out what happens to Liza and Annie and their relationship read  Annie On My Mind by Nancy Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I love...

  • Shiver, Linger, Forever, Ballad, Lament, The Horse Whisperer, Scorpio Races, A Wrinkle in Time, Diary of Young Girl, Poets for Young Adults, The Chocolate War, The Things They Carried, Forever, The Giver,